Divorce mediation in Massachusetts can resolve every issue that must be involved to finalize a divorce. Divorce mediation will be the fastest and lowest cost method to resolve these issues.
Types of family law issues that can be mediated are:
- unmarried parents of children (paternity);
- pre-nuptial agreements;
- post-divorce disputes;
- divorce modifications; and
- child support adjustments or terminations.
In mediation we resolve common issues like:
- When and how the parties will separate, who stays in the marital home and what temporary arrangements will be made to pay the bills until the parties reach a final agreement.
- Parenting arrangements for the children.
- Whether one party pays child support to the other party and how much.
- Whether one party will pay alimony to the other party, and if so, how much and for how long.
- How the parties’ assets are divided, including homes, retirement assets, personal property, etc.
- How the parties’ debts are divided.
- How each party and the children will be covered by medical insurance after the divorce.
In mediation we also resolve specialized issues like:
- Valuation and division of vested and unvested stock options, a party’s interests in closely-held corporations or partnerships and other types of business interests.
- Custody, parenting, child support and financial issues for unmarried couples.
- Disputes about one party wishing to move out-of-state or to another country with the children (removal cases).
- Custody and visitation arrangements for beloved family pets.
In some circumstances divorce mediation will include the involvement of third parties such as home appraisers, business valuation experts, child specialists or pension valuation specialists.
All couples or family units are welcomed in our divorce mediation practice. The mediation process is the best way to end a marriage or relationship for any person. We offer a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) friendly mediation environment.